Roles and Responsibilities:
- Generate design documents in REVIT/CAD that meet AdvanceTEC’s standards and project requirements.
- Assist with BIM coordination and training and development of 3D design practices. Train other designers in 3D REVIT/CAD software and best practices.
- Understanding of cleanroom systems is a plus but not a requirement
- Prepare Architectural drawings to submit for review/permit/issued for construction.
- Assist Professional Engineer with code studies and egress drawings.
- Assist in the development and standardization of REVIT/CAD best practices.
- Assist with the management of the design efforts of a project or multiple projects as required.
- Research and investigate process equipment and/or cleanroom equipment installation manuals and extract required information to create a set of construction documents necessary for equipment to function properly.
- Obtain budgetary quotes and vendor information as required to support the design process.
- Assist the Project Manager with the generation and evaluation of RFPs from a technical/engineering standpoint.
- Generate specifications for inclusion with RFP’s.
- Understand the over-all scope of project and AdvanceTEC’s resource allocations required for a particular project and assist the Design Manager with over-all resource allocations.
- Assist with Sales Proposals as requested from a design perspective.
- Work closely with the assigned AdvanceTEC Superintendent to resolve construction issues as they arise.
- Travel to project locations to assist in taking field measurements and interfacing with clients.
Skills, Experience, and Qualities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Degree in Design or Engineering is preferred.
- Passion for technology, construction, and AdvanceTEC’s business community is required.
- Strong desire to learn, grow, make a positive impact, and advance ones career is important.
- Vibrant, optimistic, positive person who wants to make things happen. Team player that can work with our leadership team, designers, project and construction managers, safety, and quality.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Teams), Revit / CAD are required prior to hiring.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications, and project documents.
Location and Travel Requirements:
- This position will be based in our Richmond, Virginia office.
- This position will require travel to active project client sites. Project sites are typically located on the east coast of the United Sates, but may be located in other regions in the US (i.e. Midwest, Southeast, West) or Canada based on ideal client projects that AdvanceTEC pursues and secures.